The event is being organized by the Library Management Institute (LMI), the same group that originally created ALCOP (Association of Library Communications and Outreach Professionals) a few years back. While ALCOP has been disbanded as an official organization, LMI is still running basically the same annual conference. (I've attended all three previous years; see my coverage of two of them here: 2011 & 2013.
If you're in library marketing, promotion, or communication, I urge you to join us next month! The event is tightly focused on our specialized type of work, and so it's really great for learning and networking. It's also fairly inexpensive (as conferences go):
- $249.00 per person registers you for the full event, including admission to both keynote breakfast sessions, all workshops, and lunch on Tuesday.
- $129.00 per person registers you for 1 day only, including breakfast.
Registrations must be received by Sept. 29, so don't delay!
I'll be giving three sessions:
- Monday's luncheon keynote: It's Not About You! Ensuring a Great User Experience
- Monday afternoon session: How to Write Really Effective Survey Questions
- Tuesday morning session: Let's Work on Your Elevator Speech
I hope to meet some of you M Word readers there in a few weeks!