New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

All Hands to Battledecks!

Logo created by the talented John William LeMasney 
For any readers who will be at the American Library Association Conference in Anaheim, Calif. next week: 

I, Kathy, have done something really crazy. I've volunteered to participate in the Battledecks competition. 

If you don't know what Battledecks is, it's a speaker competition where each entrant has to try to create a presentation from a "deck" of PowerPoint slides that they have never seen before. It's total improvisation. Oh, and these are not your everyday slides either; they're wild, unexpected images. And there are always lots of laughs... mostly at the expense of the competitors. Egad. 

Details: 
Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Convention Center room 201D
Free & open to all

Competing: David Leek King, Cindy Dudenhoffer, Christian Zabriskie, Kathy Dempsey, Scott, Walter, Angie Manfredi, + an unknown Wildcard speaker
Organized by Princeton Public Library's awesome Janie Hermann

I've attended several Battledecks before, and really enjoyed watching, but this will be my first time competing. So if you'll be at the convention center Monday afternoon, feel free to come & watch me make a complete fool of myself. Uh, wait -- I meant, come & watch me use my amazing speaking skills to crush the competition. Rawr!! 


If you can't be there, follow the hashtag #alabattledecks and join in the madness in real time. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out!!