New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sign Up for My Workshop at SLA!

If you’re into marketing and want to figure out the planning process, there’s still time to sign up for the pre-conf workshop I’m teaching at SLA on Saturday morning, June 13!

My course is called Create Your Own Customized Marketing Plan to Target Your Info Center’s Clients. Based on the tenets of true marketing, it walks attendees through the process of

+ identifying segmented groups of clients
+ determining how best to reach each group
+ doing basic market research to see what each group wants from your info center
+ delivering what they want
+ evaluating your results quantifiably

It includes some lecture time, plus group discussion and brainstorming. Each person leaves with an outline of a specifc marketing plan to take home and put into action. And it’ll earn you some CEUs.

There’s a link to more info, and to my 3-minute PODCAST about the workshop.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention, b/c if I don’t promote my own program about marketing, well... what kind of marketer would I be?!?

No comments: