New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Libraries Are Essential for the Holidays

http://www.cafepress.com/
librariesareessential/10915248
As many of you know, the business under which I (Kathy) do my marketing work and consulting is called Libraries Are Essential. I have a website and a very active Facebook page.

Now I also have something new: a Cafe Press store! So if you, too, believe that "libraries are essential," now you can order shirts, tech accessories, drinkware, laptop sleeves, and stickers with that message. (Most orders ship within 24 hours, so it's not too late to order for Christmas. And they're having lots of sales now!)

Wearing or carrying items emblazoned with "Libraries Are Essential" is like effortless advocacy. You could even order matching staff shirts for events! I hope you'll check out the selection; I'll be adding new designs and products as soon as I'm able.

This tree is part of a fundraiser at
Fredricksen PL in Pennsylvania.
In other news, I've been posting a different "book tree" on my LAE Facebook page every day in December -- 16 down, 15 more to go! That's assuming I can find 15 more... Feel free to go to the page and post a photo of your library's book tree to share with the world. All are welcome! Or simply go see what I've put up so you can Pin them or share them on your own social media accounts. (While you're there, don't forget to Like or Share something--because if you're not active on the page, then posts won't show up in your News Feed.)

Happy Holidays, Everyone! 

No comments: