ALA has announced an amazing opportunity for librarians but the deadline is fast approaching (September 30th) so think and then act fast!
The Harwood Institute Public Innovators Lab will offer librarians three days of total immersion in the Harwood practice. Followed by one year of scheduled coaching support for library teams from a Harwood certified coach, plus six live webinars to support and reinforce the learning from the Lab.
Participants will learn how to:
- achieve community impact
- accelerate strategic organizational change through community conversations
- authentically engage with the community to deeply understand them
- leverage their resources in a way that creates impact on a specific issue while building the conditions for change
- reorient themselves toward the public and create new opportunities for community impact
- align mission, resources and strategies to the community’s capacity so that efforts at community changes will have a greater chance of succeeding.
Date: Oct. 28-30, 2013
Where: District of Columbia Public Library Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
How: Participants must register by Sept. 30. Teams from libraries are encouraged.
Cost: $2,500 for the first person from a single organization and $1,500 for each additional person from that organization.
Video of Maureen Sullivan and Rich Harwood at ALA Midwinter