New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Friday, September 10, 2010

What Are You Doing for Canadian Library Month in October?


Hot on the heels of my last post, I want to mention that October is Canadian Library Month. And as you might expect, the event has a homepage that holds plenty of info and promotional tools

Canadian readers, what are you planning to do to mark the occasion? We hope you'll share! 

I'm excited to say that I'll actually be in Canada on October 1st. Well, actually, I'll be leaving that morning to fly home, but I will have been in-country for a week beforehand because I'm keynoting the Rural Libraries Conference in Grande Prairie, Alberta on Sept. 30! In the days prior, I'll be checking out some big mountains, spending a day in Calgary, hopefully seeing a couple libraries, and working with the good people of the Peace Library System (who are running the regional conference). 

So tell me, northern neighbors: What's great about Canadian libraries? What should I know about them? And how will you be celebrating next month? Tell the world why Canadian libraries rock!

No comments: