During a recent Battle Deck I suggested librarians would be mind-melding with their customers and wouldn't you know it, Ellyssa Kroski blogged about Mike Laurie's latest post on Mashable, 7 Technologies Shaping the Future of Social Media where the possibility of mind-melding was discussed. It is a great post that will excite your imagination. Here's his list. Go to Mashable to read the details.
1. Arduino - a small circuit board commonly used to prototype electronics
2. RFID Tags & Transponders
3. Geomagnetic Sensors in Mobile Devices
4. Optical Pattern Recognition & Augmented Reality
5. Open ID, OAuth and the Identity Graph
6. Mind Reading
7. Natural Language Processing