New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello from the Computers in Libraries Conference

It's been a busy time here so far at CIL; this is the first chance I've had to log in since I've also been speaking and blogging for Information Today, Inc. I've been taking pictures, blogging, and facebooking, and networking. Meanwhile, I've been tweeted, blogged, photographed, and filmed. Yeesh!


On Sunday afternoon I taught a workshop on Building Marketing Plans, and I had wonderful attendees, including some government-type folks from the UN and the FDA... It's always interesting to me to get more insight on special libraries. This really passionate group had some wonderful questions for me as we worked through the process of thinking about target markets, how to reach them, and who else they look to for information.

I also spoke yesterday about Building Community Partnerships, and saw some other talks in the afternoon about blogging, websites, and more. And I couldn't miss the reception in the exhibit hall, which had an impressive lineup of Info Today authors -- including the Shanachies -- signing their books for fans.


This morning's keynote had Shanachie Erik Boekesteijn interviewing NYPL's Paul Holdengraber, and it was fascinating. There's already a good post w/ pics up at the aforementioned Info Today blog, as well as tons of Tweets (look for the hashtag #CIL2009). It was also streamed live by Erik's colleague Jaap van de Geer, and there are links to the archived film on ITI's site too. (Sorry to keep sending you away, but there's too much to repeat here!)

Stay tuned to that blog, and as soon as I have time I'll put more up here, and I'll add pics to my flickr account too when I have time outside of sessions. Stay tuned!

No comments: