New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Odiogo transforms you blog into an audiocast

Our M Word Blog has a new gadget on our website to enable you to listen to our posts. It's done through a free program called Odiogo. This is not a replacement for podcasting, since it has that synthetic voice, but a great tool with zero time input on our side. Would love to hear some feedback on this one. Are you using other programs that give a similar result?

Here's their pitch:
Turn readers into listeners, and transform your blog into a high quality, ad-supporting broadcast that can vastly expand your audience reach!

Automatic podcast generation
“Near-human” quality text-to-speech
Listen Button feature deployed in next to no time for WordPress, Blogger, TypePad,BlogEngine.NET and Terapad platforms
Detailed download statistics
Make money from embedded ads

1 comment:

~Kathy Dempsey said...

I have to share how I'm using the new Odiogo tool that Nancy added to the blog!

I walked out to get the mail this afternoon and realized that this was yet another gorgeous day that I was missing by being inside, tethered to my computer. Determined to make the best of it, I grabbed my laptop and a comfy chair and came out into the yard. (Don't hate me for working from home!)

I started checking out some past posts from our blog, but unfortunately, the sun glare made the screen hard to read, no matter which way I was facing. So I clicked on the "listen now" link and let the software read to me.

FANTASTIC!!!