New Marketing Trends

Marketing Ideas for Non-Profits and Libraries

The M Word helps librarians learn about marketing trends and ideas.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Norma Blake is Librarian of the Year



I am so proud to share the news that my boss, NJ State Librarian Norma Blake, has been awarded LJ's Librarian of the Year. When the management team began putting together the nomination, even we were amazed at the overall impact her leadership has had on libraries. Read the LJ article here:

There will be celebrations throughout the year including the award dinner hosted by LJ this Friday at Midwinter. If you want me to present a letter of congrats to Norma at the dinner feel free to email it to me at ndowd@njstatelib.org.

We'll be putting together a memory book and we'll include it in that as well.

Anyone who knows Norma knows what an incredible leader she is. I am especially fortunate because she recognizes how important marketing is to our future and is always supportive and willing to let me be adventurous with my marketing ideas. On top of it all, she is truly a nice person, which makes working for her all the better. I'll be taking pictures on Friday and will let you know when they are posted on Flickr.

No comments: